5 Gifts Dad Will Love
Try these fun (and free!) ideas:
• There's no better gift to give ole Dad than your time. Whether you rack up points together on Wii's Mario Party 9 or ask him to coach you on his favourite sport, everyone wins.
• Go the distance and clean up after you've cooked him that special meal.
• Draw or paint a portrait of your family. Don't forget pets!
• Do one of his chores before he has a chance to.
Have enough to raid the family piggy bank?
• Learn about your family's ancient ancestors. Ask Mom about purchasing a Genographic Project Public Participation Kit from National Geographic. Your dad will need to submit a sample of his DNA (using a cheek swab) to receive an analysis of his own ancestry and help in a worldwide genetic anthropology research project aimed at revealing humankind's migratory history and learning more about the human species. Proceeds from each kit help support projects involving indigenous and traditional communities around the world. US $100, nationalgeographic.com/genographic.