- 1 lb (500 g) whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 bags (each 6 oz/ 175 g) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
In pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes; stir in spinach until wilted. Reserving ½ cup (125 mL) cooking liquid, drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry garlic and hot pepper flakes (if using) for 30 seconds. Add walnuts, parsley and salt; fry until garlic is light golden, about 4 minutes. Add to pasta along with reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat.
Makes 4 servings.