- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) diced seedless watermelon
- 2 English cucumbers, quartered and chopped into bite-sized pieces, about 4 cups (1 L)
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced radish
- Boston lettuce leaves
Whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisking, drizzle in oil until well-combined (taste and add up to 1/4 tsp/1 mL granulated sugar if necessary).
Prepare watermelon, cucumbers and radishes and combine in a large bowl. Can be prepared to this point, covered and reserved in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine just before serving. Place a Boston lettuce leaf on individual salad plates or line a large, deep platter with enough leaves to cover.
Spoon salad mixture into leaves and serve buffet style.
Makes 10 servings.
Tip: Add even more colour by using both yellow and red watermelon.
Make-Ahead: Can be made at least 8 hrs ahead.