- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) green lentils
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) drained caper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cans (6 oz/170 g) solid tuna, drained
In large pot of boiling water, cook leeks, carrots and celery until tender, about 1 minute. With slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.
Add lentils to cooking liquid; cover, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 40 minutes. Drain and add to bowl.
Add parsley, lemon juice, capers, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Break tuna into chunks and add to salad. Toss and serve.
Makes 4 servings.