- Easy recipes
- Fast recipes
- Fibre Rich
- Low calorie
- Few steps
- Full of Veg
Satisfy hearty appetites with this colourful zesty salad featuring fresh dandelion leaves.
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 orange
- 3 radishes
- Half small bulb fennel
- 5 cups (1.25 L) torn dandelion greens (1 large bunch)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar snap peas, sliced
- 16 cooked large shrimp
- Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) PC Black Label Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced shallot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked pepper
1. Using mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice red pepper, orange and radishes crosswise. Slice fennel lengthwise. Soak red pepper, radishes and fennel in cold water until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain.
2. For vinaigrette, in large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, shallot, honey, mustard, hot sauce and cracked pepper until blended.
3. Add dandelion leaves, peas, shrimp, red pepper, orange, radishes and fennel to bowl. Toss until coated.
If dealing with a food allergy, intolerance or sensitivity or special dietary needs for a medical condition, always check the label of processed foods (including spices and condiments) to ensure that they’re free of potentially harmful ingredients. If you have any doubt about a product’s ingredients, contact the manufacturer.