Satisfy hearty appetites with this colourful zesty salad featuring fresh dandelion leaves.
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 orange
- 3 radishes
- Half small fennel bulb
- 5 cups (1.25 L) torn dandelion greens (1 large bunch)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar snap peas, sliced
- 16 cooked large shrimps
- Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) PC Black Label Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced shallot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked pepper
1. Using mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice red pepper, orange and radishes crosswise. Slice fennel lengthwise. Soak red pepper, radishes and fennel in cold water until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain.
2. For vinaigrette, in large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, shallot, honey, mustard, hot sauce and cracked pepper until blended.
3. Add dandelion leaves, peas, shrimp, red pepper, radishes, fennel and orange to bowl. Toss until coated.