This seasonal salad is also delicious with fresh peas instead of sugar snaps; use 2 to 3 cups/500 to 750 mL shelled peas (about 2½ lb / 1.2 kg unshelled) and cook until tender-crisp, 5 minutes.
- 4 cups (1 L) sugar snap peas
- 1-1/2 lbs (675 g) small or mini red potatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced green onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry white wine
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced radishes
- 3 tsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
1. Pull strings off both edges of peas. In large saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain; chill under cold water and drain. Cut each pod crosswise into 3 or 4 pieces.
2. In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. While still hot, quarter; transfer to large bowl and toss with onion, salt and pepper. Toss in vinegar, wine and mustard; let cool.
3. Toss in peas, cucumber, radishes and oil.