- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) jumbo or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Half pineapple, cut in 1-inch/2.5 cm cubes
- 4 green onions, cut in 1-1/2-inch/4 cm lengths
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tamarind concentrate
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fish sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) curry powder
Glaze: Stir together sugar, tamarind concentrate, curry paste, oil, fish sauce and curry powder until smooth glaze.
Alternately thread shrimp, pineapple and green onion onto skewers. Place skewers on grill over high heat; brush with glaze. Grill, turning once halfway through and brushing with remaining glaze, until shrimp is no longer pink in centre, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with peanuts.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.