- Easy recipes
- Low calorie
- Low fat
- Sodium Smart
- Few steps
- Few ingredients
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
1. In small saucepan, bring 1 cup/250 mL water, sugar and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently until reduced to generous 1/3 cup/75 mL, 10 to 15 minutes. Strain into food processor or blender; add strawberries, lemon juice and vanilla. Puree until smooth. Pour into shallow metal container; cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
2. Break mixture into chunks and transfer to food processor. Add 1/2 cup/125 mL water; pulse until smooth. Scrape into freezable airtight container. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Scoop into chilled bowls.