- Husked, steamed or boiled corn cobs
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- Ancho Chili Sauce:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ancho chili powder or other ground hot peppers
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) cider vinegar
Ancho Chili Sauce: Mix together chili powder and 3 tbsp (45 mL) water into paste. Let stand for 10 minutes. In small saucepan, heat chili paste, oil, garlic and cumin until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low until very thick, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL).
Lightly brush corn with oil; grill over medium-high heat until lightly charred and heated through. Brush all over with sauce. Grill, turning, for 1 minute.