- 2 racks of lamb (7 or 8 bones each, or about 1-1/2 lb/750 g each)
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed, grated or pounded into paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fish sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Trim off extra fat from lamb, leaving a thin layer on top. Score fat lightly in crisscross pattern.
Mix together garlic, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, fennel seeds, pepper, cumin and salt; rub all over lamb. Marinate for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 24 hours (bring to room temperature before grilling).
Cook lamb on greased grill over medium-high heat, covered and turning once, until medium-rare, 18 to 20 minutes. Cut into individual chops.
Makes 6 servings.