- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely grated extra-old Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cumin seeds
- 1 jalapeno or hot green pepper, seeded and minced
In bowl and using fork, mix Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, flour, cornmeal, cumin seeds and hot pepper. On parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spread tablespoonfuls of mixture into 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) circles.
Bake in 400F (200C) oven until light golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven; using spatula, loosen and let cool on rack. (Store uncovered in cool, dry place for up to 1 day.)
Makes 16 pieces.