- 1 bunch (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g) broccoli
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
Cut broccoli tops into florets; peel stems and slice. Blanch in boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes; drain. Chill under cold water; drain thoroughly and transfer to bowl.
In small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry anchovies, garlic, fennel seeds, hot pepper flakes and salt until garlic is golden. Scrape over broccoli; sprinkle with lemon juice and toss. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.