- 1 boneless spring lamb leg, butterflied (about 3 lb/1.5 kg)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brandy
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh thyme or rosemary, or 2 tsp/10 mL dried
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
Leaving thin layer on outside, trim excess fat from lamb. In nonreactive bowl or sealable plastic bag, stir together oil, brandy, vinegar, thyme, paprika, salt and cayenne; add lamb, turning to thoroughly coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Bring lamb to room temperature. Grill over medium-high heat, turning once, until desired doneness, about 20 minutes for medium-rare; slice thinly. Serve with sea salt on the side.
Makes 6 servings.