- 1/2 lb (250 g) Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz (60 g) diced pancetta or bacon
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced mushroom such as button, cremini and shiitake
- 2 tsp (10 mL) caper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (5 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Parmesan cheese
Cook noodles until al dente in a large pot of salted water. Drain well and reserve.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the olive oil in a skillet set over low heat. Add the pancetta and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until browned. Add remaining oil, capers, garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes.
Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until garlic is just slightly golden. Stir in parsley and toss with cooked noodles. Serve with Parmesan cheese on the side.
Makes 4 servings.