- 4 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced sweet onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) white pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 oz (375 g) smoked trout, skinned and boned
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped chives
Remove crusts from bread and discard. Cut bread into cubes; place in food processor and drizzle with cream. Let cream soak into bread. Add onion, white pepper and cayenne; process until smooth. Add trout, butter and lemon juice; pulse until smooth, pushing down sides as necessary. Pulse in chives. Season with salt to taste.
Makes about 3 cups (750 mL).