Swapping bagels with flatbread lightens this classic brunch option that looks spectacular with little effort.
- 2 rectangular flatbreads (each 11 x 9 inches / 28 x 22 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Philadelphia Herb and Garlic cream cheese
- 10 oz (300 g) smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 10 thin slices red onions
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) capers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 2 to 3 lemon wedges
1. Heat flatbreads directly on centre rack of 400F/200C oven until bottoms are crisp and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool slightly on plate, about 2 minutes.
2. Mix together guacamole and cream cheese. Spread over flatbreads; top with salmon. Top with onion and capers; sprinkle with dill.
3. Slice bread into wedges. Squeeze lemon over top before serving.
If dealing with a food allergy, intolerance or sensitivity or special dietary needs for a medical condition, always check the label of processed foods (including spices and condiments) to ensure that they’re free of potentially harmful ingredients. If you have any doubt about a product’s ingredients, contact the manufacturer.