- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hulled millet
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flaxseeds, coarsely ground
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) 1% yogurt or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
In large bowl, whisk together whole wheat and all-purpose flours, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; whisk in sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, millet and flaxseeds.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, honey and oil. Pour over flour mixture; stir just until combined (do not overmix).
Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with extra seeds, if desired. Bake in centre of 350F/180C convection oven or 375F/190C conventional oven until skewer inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.
Makes 12 muffins.