- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely sliced shallots 75 mL
- 2 oz (60 g) Serrano ham, finely diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 lb (500 g) large sea scallops
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
In small skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; fry shallots until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add ham; sauté for 15 seconds. Stir in wine and cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in parsley and paprika. Transfer to bowl.
Slice each scallop in half crosswise. Let drain on paper towels for at least 5 minutes. Place cornstarch in shallow dish; dip both sides of each scallop piece in cornstarch.
In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook scallops, turning once, until just barely cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with ham mixture.
Makes about 24 pieces.