- Easy recipes
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Low calorie
- Nut free
- Peanut free
- Few steps
- Full of Veg
You can purchase canned or jarred Mexican salsa verde at most grocery stores, or, for fresher flavour, you can make your own. Fresh tomatillos look like small green tomatoes with a papery husk. They are sometimes available at larger grocery stores, but you always can find canned ones among the Mexican ingredients.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped roasted or boiled fresh tomatillos or canned tomatillos
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced white onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh coriander
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- Pinch each salt and granulated sugar
Mix together tomatillos, jalapeño pepper, onion, coriander, lime juice, salt and sugar.
Makes 12 servings.