- 4 cups (1 L) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved pitted green olives
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Romano or other pecorino cheese, or Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) (approx) hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) short pasta, such as penne
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
In 8- or 9-inch/2 or 2.5 L square glass baking dish, mix together tomatoes, olives, cheese, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and hot pepper flakes to taste.
Bake in 425F/220C oven, stirring once halfway through, until tomatoes are roasted and saucy, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water until al dente; rinse under cold water and drain. Toss with tomato mixture; let cool. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 8 hours.) Toss in mint and lemon juice.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.