- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled acorn or kabocha squash, cut in 1-inch / 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hazelnuts or cashews, coarsely chopped
- 5 to 6 cups / 1.25 to 1.5 L baby arugula
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) very thinly sliced red onion
- 2 oz (55 g) goat cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. In medium bowl, toss squash with oil, salt and chili powder; turn onto baking sheet in single layer. Roast on centre rack, stirring occasionally, until fork-tender but still holding its shape, about 15 minutes. Add hazelnuts to pan for last 2 minutes. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, for the dressing, in small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Place arugula and onion in large bowl; add cooled squash and nuts. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Crumble goat cheese overtop; toss gently.