- 1/4 oz (7 g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 lb (450 g) extra-lean ground turkey
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems discarded
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Ruby Relish:
- 1 can (250 mL) pomegranate juice
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. In small bowl, reconstitute porcini mushrooms with 1/4 cup/60 mL hot water, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid, and finely chop mushrooms; set aside.
3. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp/15 mL of the oil. Add celery, onion and garlic; sauté over high heat for 4 minutes. Add spinach, poultry seasoning, mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce; cook for 2 minutes more. Let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine porcini mushrooms, reserved liquid, egg, bread crumbs and turkey; add sautéed vegetables, mixing thoroughly to combine. Divide mixture into 4 rounds.
5. Brush portobello mushrooms with remaining oil and season cavities with salt and pepper. Stuff with turkey patties. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, for the relish, in small saucepan over medium-high, simmer pomegranate juice, onion and rosemary until reduced to syrup, about 10 minutes. Serve with meat loaf.