- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) boneless pork rib eye roast, loin or shoulder, cut in 1-inch/2.5 cm cubes
- 1 sweet green pepper or 2 poblano peppers, cut in 1-inch/2.5 cm squares
- Half red onion, cut in 1-inch/2.5 cm squares
- Lime wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomato chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp (30 + 10 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) chipotle chili powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crumbled dried marjoram
Marinade: In shallow dish, stir together garlic, chili sauce, 2 tbsp/30 mL of the oil, lime juice, chili powder, 1/2 tsp/2 mL of the salt, and marjoram.
Add pork to marinade and toss to coat; let stand for at least 20 minutes or, refrigerated, for up to 8 hours.
Stir together pepper, onion and remaining oil and salt to coat; alternately with pork, thread onto skewers. Grill over medium heat, turning once halfway through, until pork is no longer pink in centre, about 15 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.