- 4 cups (1 L) chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated orange rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each cinnamon and nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) salted butter, melted
Toss together rhubarb, pineapple, granulated sugar and cornstarch; place in buttered 8-inch/20 cm square baking dish.
Whisk together flour, brown sugar, orange rind, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne until thoroughly combined. Drizzle with butter; stir until in small crumbs.
Spread over fruit mixture. Bake in centre of 350F/180C oven until fruit is bubbling and topping is crisp, 50 to 60 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.