- 1 lb (500 g) shell pasta or other short pasta
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (white and light green parts only), or 1 spring (bulb)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked fresh peas or chopped cooked sugar snap peas
- 2/3 lb (350 g) cooked cold-water (salad) shrimp
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint leaves
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserving 1/2 cup/125 mL of the water, drain.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onions until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Add peas and cook until heated through, moistening with some of the pasta water. Add shrimp and salt; cook until heated through.
Add hot pasta, mint and butter; toss together until butter is melted, moistening, if too sticky, with some of the reserved water. Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.