- 1 pizza dough (1-1/3 to 1-1/2 lb/680 to 750 g), at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal
- 4 oz (125 g) Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) lightly packed arugula leaves
Shape dough into ball by pulling side down and folding into bottom at centre; cover with tea towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
On lightly floured surface, shape dough by pressing down with fingertips, then pulling at edges to stretch (or use rolling pin, letting dough relax between rollings as necessary), into 14-inch/35 cm round to fit pizza pan or into 16- x 12-inch/40 x 30 cm rectangle to fit baking sheet. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over pan; lay dough in pan. Spread onion mixture over dough; top with pieces of Gorgonzola cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake on lower rack of 425F/220C oven until bottom of crust is golden, 16 to 20 minutes in convection oven or 20 to 25 minutes in conventional oven. Transfer to cutting board and top with arugula.
Makes 8 slices.