- Easy recipes
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Low calorie
- Low carb
- Sodium Smart
- Few steps
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (about 5 oz / 140 g each)
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1 red hot pepper or green hot pepper, seeded and minced (or 1/2 tsp / 2 mL hot pepper flakes)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced fresh mint (or 2 tsp / 10 mL dried)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
1. Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 tsp/2 mL of the salt; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In medium skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tbsp/15 mL of the oil; sauté onions, hot pepper, mint and remaining salt until onions are softened, about 1 minute. Scrape into bowl; set aside.
3. Add remaining oil to skillet; heat over medium until oil thermometer registers 250°F/120°C or until small bubbles appear around edge of dry wooden spoon inserted into oil. Place salmon in oil; cover and reduce heat to low.
4. Poach, turning once, until fish flakes easily when tested, about 10 minutes. Remove salmon with slotted spoon; drain well. Stir lemon juice into reserved mint mixture; spoon over salmon.