- 2/3 cup (150 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) maple sugar, maple flakes or packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated peeled apples
- 2-1/3 cups (575 mL) large-flake rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) currants
1. In small bowl, whisk together whole wheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
2. In large bowl, beat maple sugar with butter; beat in eggs, then mix in apples. Stir in flour mixture, then oats; fold in cranberries and currants.
3. Place 1/4-cup/60 mL balls of the batter about 3 inches/8 cm apart on two parchment–lined baking sheets; flatten to about 1/2-inch/1 cm thickness.
4. One sheet at a time, bake in centre of 350°F/180°C oven until golden brown on tops and bottoms, 17 to 20 minutes.