- Barbecue recipes
- Easy recipes
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Low calorie
- Low carb
- Nut free
- Peanut free
- 2 racks lamb (each about 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) amber or dark rum
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ground cumin and turmeric
- Mint Chutney:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed mint leaf
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 hot green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) amber rum
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Trim excess fat from lamb. Mix together garlic, rum, salt, cayenne, pepper, cumin and turmeric. Rub on meat portions of lamb; cover with plastic and marinate for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Grill over medium-high heat, covered and turning once, until medium-rare or digital thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 150F/65C, about 20 minutes. Remove from grill; let stand for 5 minutes.
Mint Chutney: In food processor or mini processor, whirl mint, onion, hot pepper, lime juice, sugar, rum and salt until finely minced (or mince by hand). (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
Cut lamb into single chops. Top with dollop of Mint Chutney.
Makes about 16 chops, or 4 main or 8 mixed-grill servings.