- 8 oz (250 g) ground lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground allspice and cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) pizza dough
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive tapenade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh mint or parsley
Mix together lamb, garlic, paprika, marjoram, allspice, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper and olive oil; set aside.
Cut dough in half; form one half into 2-inch (5 cm) wide rope. Cut into 16 pieces. Using fingers, flatten into 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) wide discs. Spread each with scant 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of tapenade. Top with generous 1 tsp (5 mL) of the lamb mixture.
Sprinkle baking sheet with half of the cornmeal. Place pizzas on sheet and bake in 375F (190C) convection or 400F (200C) conventional oven until edges and bottom are lightly browned, 15 to 16 minutes.
Meanwhile, repeat with remaining dough and toppings. Sprinkle each pizza with pinch of mint.
Makes 32 pieces.