You can add a little heat to this attractive salad by replacing half of the sweet pepper with a hot banana pepper, if you like.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked lima beans
- 1 small English cucumber, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cooked ham (8 oz/250 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed Feta cheese (5 oz/150 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped sweet onion
In large bowl, mix together lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Mix in lima beans, cucumber, sweet pepper, ham, cheese and onion.
Makes 6 servings.
If dealing with a food allergy, intolerance or sensitivity or special dietary needs for a medical condition, always check the label of processed foods (including spices and condiments) to ensure that they’re free of potentially harmful ingredients. If you have any doubt about a product’s ingredients, contact the manufacturer.