- 2 tsp (10 mL) gelatin
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberry
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) orange rind
- 16 chocolate wafers
In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 5 minutes.Heat over medium heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup/60 mL of the sugar until dissolved. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate until set, 2 to 3 hours. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)Whisk until creamy.
Stir together blueberries, liqueur, orange rind and remaining sugar. For each parfait, crumble 2 wafers and place in parfait glass; top with 1/4 cup/60 mL of the milk mixture, then 1/4 cup/60 mL of the blueberry mixture and repeat layers.
Makes 4 servings.