- 3 cups (750 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) medium or large shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1 lb (500 mL) pappardelle
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped parsley
In medium-size glass or ceramic baking dish, mix together tomatoes, lemon, anchovies, garlic, oil, fennel seeds, oregano, salt and hot pepper flakes.
Bake in 425°F/220°C oven, stirring once halfway through, until tomatoes are roasted and saucy, about 30 minutes.
With tongs, press down on lemon quarters to release juices into pan; discard lemon rinds. Stir in shrimp; bake, stirring once, until shrimp are cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and place in large warmed pasta serving bowl. Spoon tomato mixtureover pasta, add parsley and mix well.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.