- Easy recipes
- Lactose free
- Low calorie
- Low fat
- Sodium Smart
- Few steps
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) gelatin (three 7 g pkg)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) lemon juice
1. In saucepan, bring blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, salt and 2 cups/500 mL water to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries soften, about 3 minutes. Strain through fine sieve into large heatproof bowl, pressing down on solids to extract all juices; discard solids.
2. Add 1 cup/250 mL water to saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over liquid and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup/125 mL water; over medium heat, stir gelatin mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into blueberry mixture.
3. Stir in lemon juice. Pour into jelly mould or bowl. Refrigerate until set, about 6 hours.