- 2 cups (500 mL) whole Kamut flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) buttermilk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites (or 1/3 cup/75 mL pasteurized egg whites)
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients, mixing just until blended. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold gently into batter.
2. Using 1/4 cup/60 mL batter for each pancake, spoon into lightly greased skillet over medium heat. Cook until bubbles break on surface and browned on bottom. Turn and cook for 30 to 60 seconds longer until golden brown on flip side.