- 1 tbsp (15 mL) yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) black or yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- 12 cups (3 L) salad greens
In dry skillet over medium heat, toast yellow and black mustard seeds just until they begin to pop; grind coarsely. Transfer to bowl; mix in scant 1/4 cup/60 mL water to make paste. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Whisk in vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Whisk in canola and olive oils. Stir in chives and dill. Toss with salad greens.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.