- 1 pizza dough (1-1/3 to 1-1/2 lb / 670 to 675 g), at room temperature
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, each cut in 2 or 3 pieces
1. Shape dough into ball by pulling sides down and folding into bottom at centre; cover with tea towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
2. In food processor, make paste of onions, garlic, parsley, Romano cheese, oil, salt and pepper.
3. On lightly floured surface, shape dough by pressing down with fingertips, then pulling at edges to stretch (or use rolling pin, letting dough relax between rollings as necessary), into 14-inch/35 cm round to fit pizza pan or into 16 x 12-inch/40 x 30 cm rectangle to fit baking sheet. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over pan; lay dough in pan. Spread onion mixture evenly over dough.
4. Bake on lower rack of 425°F/220°C oven, topping with mozzarella halfway through baking, until bottom of crust is golden, 16 to 20 minutes in convection oven or 20 to 25 minutes in conventional oven. Transfer to cutting board and top with prosciutto.