- 12 oz (375 g) green string beans, trimmed
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) walnut halves, lightly toasted
- 4 oz (125 g) to 6 oz (175 g) Gorgonzola cheese
- Italian Dressing:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced red onion
- half clove garlic, pressed, grated or minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) walnut oil or olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sunflower oil or vegetable oil
Italian Dressing: Whisk together onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper; whisk in walnut oil and sunflower oil. Chill.
In boiling salted water, blanch beans until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain; chill under cold water and drain well. Halve beans crosswise.
Line shallow salad bowl or individual salad plates with radicchio; top with beans. Drizzle with most of the Italian Dressing. Top with walnuts and pieces of Gorgonzola cheese to taste; drizzle with remaining Italian Dressing.
Makes 6 servings.