- 2 bunches Swiss chard (each about 1-1/2 lb / 675 g)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped green onions (white and light-green parts only)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) crumbled feta cheese (6 oz / 170 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese, drained (8 oz / 225 g)
1. Strip leaves from Swiss chard stems (reserve stems for another use); in large pot of boiling salted water, blanch until tender. Drain, then chill under cold water; drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. Coarsely chop.
2. Beat together eggs, pepper, half of the salt and 2 tbsp/30 mL water. Set aside.
3. In large ovenproof skillet over medium, heat oil; add onions and remaining salt and fry, stirring, until onions are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Swiss chard and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Pour in egg mixture; cook, running heatproof spatula around side to let egg mixture run underneath, until about a quarter of the egg mixture is still liquid, about 2 minutes.
4. Distribute feta and ricotta cheeses evenly overtop, pressing lightly into egg mixture; cook until egg mixture is set and cheese is melting, about 4 minutes. Transfer to oven under broiler set on high; broil until light brown, 3 to 5 minutes