- 1 lb (500 g) new potatoes
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) (approx) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced cucumber
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 5 oz (150 g) Feta cheese, cubed
- 16 black olives
Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with 2 inches/5 cm of cold salted water and bring to boil.
Cut leeks in half crosswise and add to pot; reduce heat and simmer until leeks are tender, about 10 minutes. With tongs, remove leeks; drain, chill under cold water and drain well.
Continue simmering potatoes until tender; drain and let cool enough to handle. Peel and slice into rounds; slice leeks into rounds.
In large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup/60 mL of the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper; stir in mint. Carefully mix in potatoes, leeks and cucumber.
Plate and top with eggs, cheese and olives; if desired, lightly drizzle with oil.
Makes 4 servings.