- Easy recipes
- Low calorie
- Low fat
- Sodium Smart
- Nut free
- Peanut free
- Few steps
- 6 oz (170 g) soft unripened goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) instant dissolving sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coarse sugar
1. In large bowl, beat together goat cheese, butter, instant dissolving sugar and lemon zest until fluffy. Stir in flour and cornstarch to make mealy dough. Knead gently a few turns just until smooth.
2. Between sheets of waxed paper, roll out dough to 1/4-inch/5 mm thickness. With 1-1/2-inch/4 cm round cookie cutter, cut out rounds, rerolling scraps once (discard remaining scraps). Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar, pressing it into the dough. Prick each cookie twice with fork. Place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheets; freeze or refrigerate until completely firm, about 20 minutes.
3. Transfer cookies to room-temperature baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake in 300°F/150°C oven until very pale golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks; let cool completely.