- 4 tsp (20 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb (225 g) bay scallops
- 3/4 lb (340 g) whitefish fillet, cut in 1-inch / 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 lb (450 g) medium shrimp, peeled, tail on (31/40 count)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) medium-grain rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) saffron threads
- 3 cups (750 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. In large non-stick skillet over medium-high, heat 2 tsp/10 mL of the oil. Add scallops and whitefish; sauté until seafood is opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to plate. Add shrimp to skillet and sauté until just pink, 3 minutes. Add to plate with scallops and whitefish. Keep warm on side.
2. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add onion and salt; sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat; cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add peas. Crumble saffron threads into broth and pour over rice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is cooked and no liquid remains, about 15 minutes. Stir in reserved seafood and juices. Cover and continue to cook until shrimp and scallops are heated through, about 3 minutes.