- 12 oz (350 g) fresh chow mein noodles or 6 cups (1.5 L) cooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) medium sherry
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely grated gingerroot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sambal olek or chili- garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp (20 mL) each light soy sauce and lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 each cubanelle and red bell and banana peppers
- Half red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
Boil noodles for 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and fluff with a fork. Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir broth, sesame oil, sherry, gingerroot, sambal olek, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar.
Add peppers, onion and noodles. Toss to combine.
Makes 8 servings.
Fast & Easy: 30 minutes or less (prep and cooking time)