- 1 lb (500 g) small green and/or yellow zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) (250 g tub) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 6 oz (175 g) fettuccine pasta
Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch/3 mm slices; cut each slice into fettucine-width strips. In large bowl, stir together ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, parsley and pepper. Set aside.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine according to package instructions until al dente, adding zucchini for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup/125 mL of pasta water.
Add fettuccine and zucchini to ricotta mixture with 1/4 cup/60 mL of the cooking liquid. Stir together, adding remaining water as necessary, until pasta and zucchini are well-coated and sauce is moist but not watery.
Makes 4 servings.