Freshly grated Parmesan melts perfectly to top tasty dandelion greens in this easy-to-make side dish.
- 2 bunches dandelion greens (about 1½ to 2 lb / 625 to 900 g)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1. Cut off and discard any tough stems from dandelion greens. In large pot of boiling water, blanch greens until tender, 2 to 5 minutes. Drain, chill under cold water and drain. Chop.
2. In gratin dish, toss greens with 2 tbsp/30 mL of the oil and the salt. In separate bowl, toss together bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, pepper and remaining oil; sprinkle over greens.
3. Bake in centre of 400F/200C oven until bread crumbs are golden brown and greens are hot, 15 to 18 minutes.
If dealing with a food allergy, intolerance or sensitivity or special dietary needs for a medical condition, always check the label of processed foods (including spices and condiments) to ensure that they’re free of potentially harmful ingredients. If you have any doubt about a product’s ingredients, contact the manufacturer.