- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped red onion
- 1 can (19 oz / 540 mL) no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Kraft Crumbled Feta Cheese with Oregano, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Cracked Peppercorns
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- Toasted pine nuts for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared pesto
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1. In saucepan, add quinoa and broth (if quinoa isn't pre-rinsed, first rinse and drain well). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; transfer to large bowl. Let cool for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk together pesto, vinegar, oil and pepper. Add to quinoa with yellow pepper, cucumber, onion and chickpeas; toss gently to coat. Fold in feta and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired.
For little lunch boxes: Omit the onion and pine nuts; replace the feta with cubed mozzarella.