- 1 Sweet Pastry Tart Shell (see below for recipe link)
- 2 cups (500 mL) raspberries (12 oz / 340 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red currant jelly or rose hip jelly
- Vanilla Pastry Cream:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tsp (70 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 4 tsp (20 mL) brandy or amber rum
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
2. For Vanilla Pastry Cream, in heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar and flour until smooth.
3. In saucepan over medium heat, bring milk and cream just to a simmer. Pouring in thin stream, whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture; transfer to saucepan.
4. Over medium heat, whisking constantly, bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and whisk for 1 minute. Remove from heat, whisk in brandy and vanilla. Transfer to clean bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap. Let cool; refrigerate until set, 4 hours, or for up to 2 days.
5. Prepare and bake Sweet Pastry Tart Shell, using lemon zest and lemon juice.
6. Spread pastry cream into cooked pastry shell; smooth top. Arrange raspberries over pastry cream. Warm red currant jelly and brush over raspberries. Refrigerate until glaze is cool and set, 10 minutes or for up to 2 hours.