- 3 boneless skinless chickens breasts (about 1-1/4 lb/625 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 hot green peppers, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced celery leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- Pinch ground clove
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
Cut chicken into 1-inch/2.5 cm chunks; set aside. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry shallots until golden, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, hot peppers, bay leaf, parsley, celery leaves, ginger, pepper and cloves; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in fish sauce; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk; bring to boil. Add spinach; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.