- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) mild Indian curry paste
- 1 lb (450 g) sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
1. In medium pot over medium, heat oil. Add onion and curry paste; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop potato into small pieces. Add potato and garlic to pot; cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until potato is slightly softened.
2. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until potato is soft.
3. Transfer to blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Return to pot and stir in coconut milk. Add lime zest and lime juice. Stir in cilantro and pepper; heat through.
*Originally titled "Sweet Potato Coconut Soup" from freshjuice.ca.