- Easy recipes
- Low calorie
- Low fat
- Sodium Smart
- Nut free
- Peanut free
- Simple recipes
Luscious dark berries make a super frozen yogurt without much added sweetener.
- 2 cups (500 mL) blackberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) liquid honey
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) full-fat or 2% yogurt
1. In blender, whirl together blackberries, blueberries and honey until smooth; add yogurt and blend.
2. Strain through fine sieve into bowl of ice cream machine, discarding solids; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Or strain into metal cake pan; freeze until almost solid, about 90 minutes, then break up and puree in food processor. Scrape into airtight container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.)
Shortcut: Save time and trouble by freezing the yogurt and berry mixture in an ice cream machine.
*Originally titled "Purple Haze Frozen Yogurt" in the June/July 2012 issue of Fresh Juice.